Wednesday, 11 July 2012

White Light/White Heat

Hello new followers! I suppose I'm on my way up in the world, slowly but surely. It's only a tad frustrating to go from the amount of followers on my old blog to zero, but this will be better than before, honest! Well that's what I keep telling myself.

This week I've mostly just been getting to grips with my new Mac (I am totally and completely in love, I feel unclean in it's presence), and on Sunday I went to Wireless which was fantastic, apart from wearing shoes 2 sizes too small and feeling lightheaded and faint if I stood up too long (I know, I'm such a pathetic and vulnerable soul). However Rihanna is an absolute queen, although she was a little drunk and out of control there is a reason why she is a queen. Still, doesn't been Jay-Z, who is such an unbelievable stage presence that I was very almost that girl who cries at bands, which made no sense to me until now... Music induced weeping?



I digress. Before going on holiday my darling friend and photographer Anna hosted a garden party, just as the weather was on the turn unfortunately. But all in all it was a lovely affair, for which I decided to go a little girly, and crack out the fear-inspiring new trend: the midi.




Dress - Dorothy Perkins
Peter Pan Collar - Topshop
Mint Ankle Socks - Topshop
Suede Wedges - White Stuff
Flint Necklace - Urban Outfitters
Black Bangle - Accessorize

My very first proper outfit post of the blog, captured by darling Anna, the delicious jam filling of the Bandasaur donut... Or something like that. At first the idea of a lower hemline terrified me, convinced I'd look like a primary school teacher or perhaps as if I'm from one of those Puritan-esque cult communes. But it appears I was destined for the cult hood, because this is my new favourite dress! It's completely flattering and so comfortable, I am so tired of my bum hanging out every time I sit down in other dresses or having to constantly do the pull-the-hem-down-shimmy - completely un-needed in this little number. And combined with some ankle socks (my new favourite accessory) and my somewhat battered from over-wear/over-like brown suede wedges I feel like a proper lady who can eat cake and tea without becoming covered in crumbs and stains... I'm not saying the dress has magical elegant powers, but I feel like I could be that person, and that's good enough for me!




I best get off this procrastination tool as I need to prep for a very important interview, which is tomorrow! More on that later/perhaps a snap of my interview attire?

P.S. The very kind Amy pointed out to me I didn't have the Google Friend Widget so no one could follow me, how silly! Well thats fixed so you can all follow to your hearts content, and it also reminded me to link to Bloglovin, as it is my favourite way to keep on top of all the blogs I stalk! Here's the classic generic code link button

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

P.P.S. As I am getting to grips with my laptop I have realised I can no longer use Windows Live Writer, the undisputed king of desktop blogging software. If any fellow Mac users know a good free blogging program they could recommend to me I would be most appreciative! I do detest having to write from the Blogger interface it's just not as good.

8 comments:

Aoife said...

Great to see you back blogging!
My title header is actually a photo from a shoot I did for one of my photographer friends. You can see the rest on her blog here; http://thetraintattoo.com/2011/12/19/christmas-jumpers-russian-hat/

She is so so talented, I'm lucky to have her as a friend!

Hope Bulgaria was good, I can't wait to get away!

Looking forward to stopping back and checking out all your posts as they come!

Peace,
Aoife (The Little Blonde Bear)
xxx

I Z A B E L A said...

i love the elegance and simplicity of these photos. very pretty!


http://www.blogprimadonna.blogspot.com
http://www.blogprimadonna.blogspot.com

Me and Moustaches said...

These are amazing photographs, you look so beautiful!!

Pip ♥ said...

So happy you're blogging again, I love the new blog so much! You look so pretty in this outfit, and the photography is amazing! (That's for you Anna, if you're reading!)

Pip x

Olga Choi said...

This is really adorable look, dear~ I love the color and the way you styled up the whole outfit~!
I saw your blog link at IFB forum for bloggers and found a lot of inspiring outfits and posts here in your blog~!,
and I thought that it would be great to have so lovely girl among my followers and be your follower also~!
Just drop the message in my blog if you like the idea~
Keep posting~! )


Olga / blogging from South Korea
http://www.myblondegal.com/

evi said...

Such a lovely outfit! I like how elegant and kind of vintage it looks ;)
xxx,
http://evamilano.blogspot.co.uk/

Camilla said...

Thank you so much for your nice comment on my blog!

So stunning photo, the dress is so pretty!
I`m now your newest follower! :)

X Camilla

LĂ­osa Bruder x said...

So cute! I love the girly little socks, so cute!! following x

http://dickiebowtie.blogspot.com