Monday, 17 September 2012

Get Up and Show No Fear

I seem to be constantly apologising to you all for my lack of presence recently, so another apology seems ridiculous. I'm just in the middle of getting settled at my new course and all my friends are running off to uni to do something with my life so I've been entirely frazzled. You may remember me mentioning some photos we took in my last post, I will not be showing them on here as they are atrocious, I'm so ashamed I have to present them as my work, but I think some might be on my Instagram (@rebeccajsander). I haven't even got it together to do an outfit post yet because I'm just not inspired by my wardrobe at the moment, how depressing. However, in my sadness I have spent far too much money online, I finally checked out Romwe, which everyone seems to be in love with, possibly because they get sent free stuff, how cheeky, but never mind. I am not being sent free stuff however beautiful and talented and made of sweets I may be, so my debit card is taking a bit of heat. But I'm not bitter or anything, honest! These are all the things I found that I deemed worthy of cladding my body with and hiding my naughty bits.


So there we have it. Feel free to steal my style. I'm still waiting to all these delights to trundle through my postbox but apparently delivery 5-15 days (crikey, right?) so I think I might be waiting a fair bit longer... Hopefully nice shiny clothes will be enough to pull me out of my glum-ness, but who knows. Also currently poring over (as I'm sure everyone is) the new JW Anderson at Topshop line... I am utterly in love with the knits, particularly this little guy


How utterly delightful. Still, the way I'm going I really should be saving my pennies, planning on splurging on more hair bleach and I need to fix some shoes I dramatically broke on a catastrophic night out that has hereafter just been named "the incident" (or "it puts the kettle into perspective" but that is a whole other story that I'd rather not share. Just use your imagination I'm sure you'll come up with something wonderful). Congratulations to giveaway winner also Aqua Lee! I will probably have emailed you by now with the good news, and thanks to all that entered, and you know what, all you guys supporting me. I wish we could all high five and then jump in the air like at the end of an 80's action show, but that would be ludicrous.

Last thing I swear!: Post title comes from song Harder Than You Think by Public Enemy, the pinnacle of all hip-hop anthems and my absolute favourite song of the moment. It was on the Paralympic adverts on Channel Four but even if you feel like you're sick of it I think you should hear the full thing in all it's glory. I'm currently listening to it far too loud and pretending I'm in any way "street"

10 comments:

Ivana said...

Cool picks.

Ivana
http://ruedetreschic.blogspot.com/

Shannon Beer said...

I love the jumpers!xx

karin said...

I want everything!! Too bad that we don´t have TOPSHOP in México =(. Kisses from www.stylepicture.blogspot.com

Whitney Cosgrave said...

that is cute stuff! I had never heard of it (it's British, I assume?). Funny comments about the free stuff thing!! Hope all the online spending is worth it in the end!

Josie said...

Very gutted I didn't get my hands on that ghostie jumper, got the cat print tee though. I hope your glumness goes away soon! xxx

Molly Rose said...

i love the ghost sweater, so fun!

Nickie said...

I like your writing style, you seem to have a good sense of humor.
I hope that these new things you got will cheer you up.

P.S. Following you now!

xoxo
-Nickie
http://nickiesworldofstyle.blogspot.com/

Perla Sanchez said...

These are the cutest sweaters! I love tjhe ghost one, esp. because halloween is almost here.

http://perlaxmakeup.blogspot.com/

Chelsea Jade said...

Love the colour of those leggings x

Gaby de Modacapital said...

Love the jumper with the ghost!