Friday, 7 September 2012

Say my name and every colour illuminates




Over the last few days I've barely had time to log on here I've been so busy trying to get all my work done for my new Foundation course, so what a lovely surprise to find when I finally have enough time to go on my laptop to see I've surpassed the 50 follower mark! Thank-you to all you lovely little humans... And all the tall ones as well. I've been thinking of organising a give-away... But what of? I don't really have a lot of money to go splashing around on nice things for you guys, as much as I'd love to shower you all in trinkets... I'd love to hear any suggestions.

This week has been abominably busy as I've been doing lots of driving to get ready for my test (eek!) I went up to London with Andrew to go see some art exhibitions (Damien Hirst... Not for the faint of heart but definitely worth a look) and go to the Natural History Museum, scrabbling around to create some work to present to my new teachers/fellow students and all in all being a busy bee. I had my very first day back today, followed by two hour driving lesson, then when I got home ate some fish and chips and fell asleep watching The Big Bang Theory. There was drool. It was not pretty. But my new course is fine, it's all art of course, and there are loads of weird people of course, but quite a few norms as well I might cling onto in the hope it'll rub off (I have been told to stop calling peoples norms as by distinguishing myself from them I'm making it clear I am not one of them which leads to a poor first impression. But we're all friends here). I'm completely unexcited for our project for next week for two reasons. Reason One, it's group work. I don't like working with other people. I fly solo, a lone wolf, a law unto myself et cetera. Basically I'm just really bad at sharing. Reason Two, it's a project called Stereotypes, where we create two stereotypical characters, one of us has to be both and we photograph. I immediately signed myself up to be the model because I thought it would be a good excuse to not have to contribute as much, as this is the kind of "art" I detest when I see it on the walls in college. But ho hum, must knuckle down with my group and make something of it for the next week. I might post the pictures on here but it may be too embarrassing/awful.

6 comments:

sammycx said...

i love the photos :)

www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.com

Mila said...

you have such awesome blog!

RebeccaParkes said...

You have a lovely blog :) x

thewondersofwardrobes.blogspot.co.uk

Raji said...

Beautiful photographs
And you have such a lovely blog
Your course sounds really cool, good luck with the group work... eek!

Whitney Cosgrave said...

Great pictures! I am going to be in London next month and will definitely check out the Damien Hirst exhibit!

clynesio said...

great post! i love it..!
if you have time you can visit my blog..
and i'll be happy if we'll follow each other ?

http://cutemedpassion.blogspot.com