Thursday, 11 October 2012

Help me be captain of our crippled disguises

Is it just me or is today just a "sleepy day"? You know when the weather is so bleak it saps at your energy and leaves you sprawled on the sofa eating crisps and watching E4 until the shows repeat themselves in the evening. I didn't have to go into college today so I spent the day catching up on all my weekend activities such as my pile of washing that was threatening to take over my entire room. I also booked tickets for Company magazines fashion forum, I'm so excited! I think it's going to be really interesting to have a look at the non-design aspects of fashion and see where I could slot in. Here's the link if you're also interested, maybe I'll see you there?

Speaking of careers and college and things like that, this is the outcome of my latest project. I really struggled with this one because it seemed really contrived (and it is), but I'm fairly happy with these photos so that'll do. We had to design a leaflet based on a letter and then a word and mine was N for No Entry as you can probably tell. Because making a leaflet to me smacks of the kind of busywork substitute teachers gave you in secondary school mine became a take on crime scene tape. I spent one of my many trains from here to Exeter designing it, and then added keys, you know, because, keys. My infuriating art teacher was loving it as well so hopefully I'll get a good mark. Doing another shoot with Anna tomorrow hopefully so another outfit post soon, until then!



5 comments:

Pip ♥ said...

Your project looks really cool, I'd love to see some more of your art! Have fun at the company forum!

Pip x

Kira said...

oh thank you very much!! wonderfully weird is probably one of the nicest things one could say about it,
it warms my sooo wannabe-british heart:D I like yours a lot, too; there's not so many lifestyle blogs out there that really do have an artistic/creative touch, so I'm happy I found it!

Josie said...

These look great, I'm so crap at anything arty and I'm jel. Arghhdjkdfsdsf YES today was deff a sleepy day but I had work I nearly fell asleep in the stock room xxx

devorelebeaumonstre. said...

great photos!

p.s. I'm having a giveaway from She Inside if you'd like to check it out!
devorelebeaumonstre.com xx

Gaby de Modacapital said...

Great pics! Your project sounds very interesting!