Sunday, 20 January 2013

It Ain't Me Babe



A non-snow related post what a breath of fresh air! In all honestly I've spent the snow days sat inside trying to be productive in my pyjamas, but this is what I've got done, and more of course if it was just these two pictures over three days that would be a disappointment. I've also uploaded a portfolio to the Edinburgh University website, done a bit of research on both the telephone and an illustrator (Karolin Schnoor, check her out she's really good) and working on a super secret commission that I can't tell you about yet. Yep that's right, I've been commissioned, like a functioning human being and everything. Try not to feel too bad about yourself in my presence.

But what I've got going on in college is the basis of this post. In our new project (which is now entirely Illustration so I don't have to pretend I can sculpt or anything anymore, running high kicks of yayness to that) and we have to design and print our own t shirt and all the packaging and labels etc. We all have to base our designs on an invention and as you can see mine is the telephone. The first image was taken from the first ever conversation on the telephone and how it's become a connection around the whole world, or something a bit pretentious like that. And obviously the other one is just a telephone. Luckily we have a wicked cool old style phone that we were using as our house phone, but I left it in college so now we're just not receiving any calls. This is the life I chose.

4 comments:

Instant Milk said...

Cool blog. I really enjoyed looking through it. Come by mine and if you like it let's follow each other:)! Would love to stay in touch ;)

xx

Becky said...

Adore the illustrations and especially the sentiment behind them, the classic dial phone is so pretty (if only I could use them without getting in a muddle) xo

Sharmili said...

such pretty drawings :) congrats on the commissioned work!

Mili from call me, Maeby

La Saloperie said...

Congratulations! That's so, so exciting!

Btw, I feel like maybe I have come across your blog before but I don't appear to be following you, so maybe I haven't? Anyways, following now, already a big fan! Love the art!

http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com