Thursday, 24 January 2013

Sentimental Heart










Jumper, skirt and hat - Urban Outfitters
Jacket - River Island
Shoes - Topshop
Rings - Gift/Accessorise

This is a scheduled post so won't necessarily be true in a few hours when it gets posted but I just got back from my third and last ever driving test, because I passed! For some reason I am still a bag of nerves but it's finally all over, I probably just don't believe it, I even took the test in my pyjamas so if I failed I could just go back to bed and weep, but that won't be necessary now!

You don't get a lot of maxi skirts in winter and I for one don't fully understand why. I mean, yeah they drag in the snow/slush a bit and yes you have to wear leggings underneath but they hide away so much wintery over-indulgence (read: food baby) and you can laze around in any sort of position on the sofa quite demurely. So this is my way of styling a winter maxi, I think it would look better in the slightly warmer months without the vest underneath as you can only see the tiniest sliver of tum but in these conditions that is definitely not an option. Also if you've seen the dirt of my hands in the photo of the rings are you're thinking "who is this ruffian" I'd spent the day hand printing pictures of phones and that's just a very stubborn bit of ink, I'm not dirty, and don't be a judgemental cow. Speaking of the rings though, how nice are they?! The one on my ring finger is an old Irish symbol, it used to be the symbol used on wedding rings in the days of yore, and I'm kind of obsessed with it. Me and my mum (who's Irish so there's the link for you) are researching into good tattoo people nearby because she wants it tattooed across her wrist and I want in on my first finger (like how Rihanna did it but less stupid), but we're getting in done in different styles so it won't be really matchy matchy like we're in a cult. That's the hope anyway.


6 comments:

Regine Karpel said...

Lovely outfit!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

hannah said...

Congratulations on passing your test!! :) I think you could pull anything off, you're so pretty and your look is so unique (in a very good way!). I love the idea of the tattoos - tattoos that mean something to you should be the only kind in my opinion :) x

daisychain said...

you look super pretty x

The GUILTY HYENA said...

Congrats on passing your test !!

I like the idea of a winter maxi! :)

▲_▲ HYENA

xx


Felicity said...

I love maxis all year round, but not when it's wet haha! Your one's lovely x
that-bird.blogspot.co.uk

susanne ramsbottom said...

Effortlessly cool. Love the jumper!!

predicttheday.blogspot.co.uk


Sue