Saturday, 12 January 2013

You took my heart and you held it in your mouth







Hello everyone, been a bit rubbish this year, so apologies, if it makes you feel better I've been mega busy! First of all my uni application has gone out into the world and I've already got an interview at Norwich in February which is mega stressful, got to sort out my portfolio and essay for that, and it's making me want to hyperventilate into a paper bag. I'm keeping it together though, just. I also have to upload an online portfolio to Edinburgh (my dream university) before they'll even think about interviewing me, and the deadline for that is the end of the month! It's all happening!

Big news number two is that I've managed to secure a week of work experience at Foster + Partners in their Design department! They're the architects that did the Gherkin and the Shard and stuff like that (non UK's reading have a Google, pretty swank), and I'll be shadowing some one in their Illustration department! I'm so excited, especially as even though I got my foot in the door through a friend of my mum's I had to send in a portfolio as well so I got it from actually being good at what I do. I'm so proud and I can't wait, it's the second week of February so expect lots of overexcited photos/tweets etc with excess caps lock and exclamation marks.

Well here are some photos of what I've been working on (for once both taken and edited by me, apologies) when I have a spare minute between moments of hyperventilation, I'm making a screen to print patterns onto t-shirts with using a mesh I bought off Amazon and an old GCSE canvas that was too ugly to save for even sentimental value. It's taking a while because I have to stretch the mesh really tight and I'm a weak little kitten, but hopefully I'll be printing soon because if I reach 100 followers (4 to go, just sayin') I'll give one away to one of you!

4 comments:

Isobel said...

I had an interview at norwich! what for? i was going to do textiles! lovely place xx

hannah said...

Good luck with interviews and other such university stuff, I'm sure you'll do great :) and well done on the work experience!! x

Tiffy Diamond said...

Congrats on all of your recent accomplishments. Don't be nervous about the University you'll be amazing. Also, I can't wait to see how you screen the shirts. I hope you do a tutorial on how to do it!

xo
Tiffy
www.CuteLA.com

Isobel said...

They weren't harsh but you need to have confidence and be very professional! I can't believe I pulled it off as I was in my last year of alevels and they don't accept students without an art fda usually. Mine was full of fake confidence and passion really. be friendly! I hope it goes well! let me know! If it wasn't 5 hours away from me I would have probably gone! xx