Sunday, 3 February 2013

I got this feeling on a summer day when you were gone


Well I have something I'm very excited to share with you, because you are looking at my very first ever commission as an illustrator! The lovely and patient Josie of Josie Loves Shoes asked me to design her a blog header, and after two weeks of nervous emails tentatively trying to be professional instead of squealing and doing backflips here we have the finished product. I am so happy with it and could not think of a better person to do my first bit of work for as Josie has such a great blog it was so easy for me to get ideas.

So there it is folks I'm officially up for work, any of you feeling a bit jealous and want some original Bandasaur work of your own feel free to email/tweet/send carrier pigeon. This week I was also given the Leibster award by Hannah, so I'm feeling very special and not at all smug right now. So I've been given 11 questions to answer which I'll skim over quickly so as not to bore you as I'm really not that interesting, promise:

1. What inspires you? I don't think there is really anything I'm inspired by, apart from all the magazines I buy maybe? I bought an issue of Oh Comely the other day and it's full of amazing ideas and pictures and people so if you want inspiration I recommend that, although it's mega hard to find I'm warning you now, you have to earn it, like a quest

2. What do you never leave the house without? Right now because I recently passed my driving test, my car keys! Even if I'm going down the road I'll bring my car keys, because you know, I can drive now, no big deal

3. If you could only wear one colour, what would it be? All over? Black then because it would be so easy, and I hate when people wear two separate items of the same colour, like red shoes and socks. Gok Wan does it all the time and it drives me mad

4. If you could only shop in one place for clothes for the rest of your life, where would it be? Can I be really cheeky and say eBay? Because then I'd still be able to buy anything? I'm the "If I had one wish I'd wish for more wishes" guy sorry

5. What is your favourite season and why? AUTUMN always I don't actually like summer very much when it gets too hot I go a delightful shade of fleshy pink like an uncooked sausage, and I also get annoyed very easily when I'm too hot it is number one cause of unnecessary excess rage in me 

6. Where is your favourite place to visit in the UK? London London London because I live in a painful suburb and cities are a fantastic reminder that there is a world out there that doesn't care about you, at all (in a reassuring way), and I'd like to visit Edinburgh because I've applied to the uni so should see what it's like!

7. Stormy weather or calm blue skies? I adore thunder I get far too overexcited when there's a storm I'm so desperate to spot the lightning

8. What do you think is your best feature? (can be physical or mental!) In the summer I get freckles which I quite like, and I've been told I have not entirely repulsive feet, which I'll take as a compliment because no one likes feet.

9. What is your favourite smell? I like the smell of Chanel No5 because it reminds me of my mum, other than that blown out candles, and the sea

10. What is the most embarrassing CD you own? I don't know what you mean by embarrassing, I am the proud owner of R Kelly's The R in R'n'B. Ignition is a fantastic tune and I won't hear otherwise.

11. What is your favourite song? Right now it's probably My Baby Just Cares For Me, I got my mum the Jools Holland album for Christmas and sneakily put in on my computer and this cover with Florence Welch is just amazing. I've also been listening to I Don't Care (I Love It) by Icona Pop purely for the moment in Girls when Hannah and Elijah are dancing to it in a club whilst on coke, too hilarious.

10 comments:

Carly said...

I saw this on Josie's blog and it looks great! Congratulations! xxx

hannah said...

I love Josie's new header! You did a great job :) I hope you get many more commissions!! Thank you for answering my questions, I enjoyed reading them! I agree with the two items of the same colour thing, I just don't get it! Will definitely have to check out the cover with Florence, I love her! xx

Andrea said...

I absolutely love the header you designed for Josie :)
I may have to commission you too, haha! it's gorgeous :)
great blog, I'm excited to be following!
if you have a spare moment, please check out mine and if you like what you see, follow back!

www.lestyle-reste.blogspot.co.uk

xxxx

Pip ♥ said...

Wow, that header is so gorgeous, you're so talented!

Pip x

Josie said...

I loveeee my header, did you read all the comments? Thanks so much again! Congrats on the award, I love that Florence Welch cover too. I'm also really ashamed of myself because I've never ever watched Girls and I know that I should. xxx

Isabela said...

Wow I just love the art you did to Josie (in fact I found your page on her blog)! I just stumbled across your blog today and I must say I am loving it <3 everything is so neat and pretty :)

Fusels

Jenny / Rocknrollerr said...

Much loveee for the header!

X Jenny
Rocknrollerr.com

Katie said...

Love it, and you, and Josie!
K x
katieneedsajob.blogspot.com/

Edie J said...

Aaaaahhhh this looks so good!! First ever commission, congrats.

FYI I am back on the blogging thing so fear not, there are plenty more opportunities for stalking!! Message me when you're in London next, would love to see you :)

www.blogthedailywear.blogspot.co.uk x

Samuel Morris said...

Love the title, been so into Icona Pop recently, and the lyrics in 'I Love It' are so good!

The blogger header is really cool, you're talented. One of my friends is looking a having a blog header done so I'll send her over to your site!

www.SamuelJamesMorris.com