Wednesday, 20 May 2015

Banner Making

Unfortunately I was actually super hung over on this day and on a 5am train to London from Hastings after their May Day festival, so I missed getting to make banners, but my fellow Gender-ers made some really great stuff, we had Scout style little scarves and sashes which are so adorable and make me think of a mature politically motivated Moonrise Kingdom. The concept of the main grey banner is that all the different parts that make up the symbol are made of velcro and so you can move and change it as you see fit, in keeping with our own opinions about gender fluidity etc. We did a whole procession through Camberwell to the pub, which felt very foolish, but the pints helped my hangover (I did manage to turn up for the end, I'm in the background of a photo yawning).










No comments: